Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Donovan Darius hit

I am sure by now that you have all seen the hit, or more accurately the clothesline, by Jags safety Donovan Darius on Packers receiver Robert Ferguson. The NFL is expected to announce any fines or other actions on friday. Jags coach Jack Del Rio says Darius was going for the ball, but I am not sure that I buy that one. From the replay, he certainy does not appear to react like he was going for the ball and missed it. Instead, it looks more like he hit what he was aiming for, his head. It looked more WWE then NFL for what I saw.

I personally think he should be suspended for a game, at least one game, for the hit and he will certainly be fined. It sounds like Ferguson will be okay, although he might not play again right away.

What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home